Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

This week has seemed like it has lasted forever!!! It doesnt seem like I wrote a week ago. More like a month! But anyway...the enter button doesnt work here so I cant make new paragraphs still. That stinks, but at least I get to e-mail! Well, I do the same exact thing every day, so there isnt much to tell you, but I´ll try my best! We went out in São Paulo last P-Day and it was so great! It´s so much fun to be able to walk around and talk to the Brazillian people! They are all so wonderful and loving and accepting! They arent frustrated when you try to speak to them in broken Portuguese so that´s a good thing :) Elder Hubbard, Elder Turley, and my companion and I were walking around last week and I started talking to a shop owner. She had a Book of Mormon so we started being missionaries :) we were in a rush to get back to the CTM so we had to leave earlier than I would like, but we are about to go back there and talk to her some more and hopefully get some commitments out of her! Speaking about real missionary work, we have our first ´milestone´ thing this week. On Friday each companionship is given 4 copies of the Book of Mormon to go out and place in a quite large area around the CTM! I´m extremely excited, but Elder Bowden seems really nervous. It´ll be fun. So, this 4th of July was about a billion times better than my last one haha! They dressed up the cafeteria in red, white, and blue and made hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch (lunch is the big meal of the day here and I don´t remember if I told you that). Don´t worry, my letters will be much much longer in a month when I have more to talk about and more than about 25 minutes to read and write emails...I´m so ready to go to Recife! Portuguese gets better with each passing day, but at the same time my English is getting worse and worse. I didn´t think it would happen this fast, but I´m forgetting English words. Cool, but frustrating. So, one thing I didn´t expect is that winter here in São Paulo actually gets pretty dang cold! I´ve broken out my hoodie that I got at the MTC qutie a bit and I made friends with the cleaning ladies so I could get another blanket :). That´s pretty much all I have to write, so now just some general things. Congrats to Cameron!!! That´s so awesome about his Call! The food here is good. Always just a type of meat, rice, and beans. Oh, and some of the best fruit ever! I got a GIANT banana yesterday and it was one of the highlights of my day. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July! I love you all and thanks for the letters and love. Com amo, Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment